Views
Helpful
Replies

How to get SFP serials of DNAC

Elena.Madrigal
Level 1
Level 1

Hello team

I wonder how to get trought CLI Serial numbers of inserted SFPs 10Gbit port of DNAC. I hace tried:

sudo lshw

sudo cat /sys/devices/virtual/dmi/id/chassis_serial

But i cant get the info. any suggestion ? Thanks!

Cheers

8 Replies 8

StevieC666
Level 1
Level 1

Interesting, I'm not a linux person but have dabbled a little when needed, and more importantly enjoy a good Google challenge to distract me from building out the OSPF config I'm supposed to be finishing, so onto DNAC I went..

I'm sure you don't need to commentary as you're probably for more proficient than I but this might help somebody else with the same thing.

First off I identified the interface device names with a little ifconfig action, from that output 

image.png

After that I used ethtool along with the device name to get a little more info about the tin!

sudo ethtool -m enp94s0f0 | grep SN
image.png

I can't say I'm smart that I grepped with SN on first run of the command, the full output is:

image.png

Hope this helps?

I steve ur reply is much aprettiated, but not works for me when i push the command  and error appears as shown in the image.

Captura.JPG

Any other idea?

Thanks!

Hi Elena,

Looks like you forgot to elevate the command privileges 😉

In the screen shot below I've just used the command without and then with elevation

image.png

Although interestingly there's a subtle difference in error as when you run without sudo the end of the message is "operation not supported" interesting.

Hello

but i not forgot privilege , if you see again i did "sudo su" before and i push de command with root privileges ... And did not work. Thanks anyway for your help. i keep searching a solution.

What's the version of ethtool?

4.5 Version . Is possible to upgrade?

On second thought the version of ethtool may be irrelevant. If you're consoled in the easiest way is to use the command "sh inventory raw". This will show the modules installed with S/N. You can also pull this info if you're ssh into the device with netmiko.

hello sh inventory raw did not work in DNAC. in other device may work but not in DNA Center appliance.Thanks anyway. if other know other method will be aprettiated.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: