cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to make Layer 3 Switch assign DHCP from Cable Modem

AndrewGibbons8
Level 1
Level 1

Hey everyone, I have a Layer 3 Switch that I'd like to assign DHCP addresses from a Cable Modem to the connected devices. In this instance my Switch has a Cable Modem (connected to the ISP), a Wireless Router providing WiFi, and a Laptop connected to 3 of its ports. I'd like for the Laptop to be able to access the internet through a wired connection to the switch. How should I configure the switch such that that is the outcome? 

15 Replies 15

The orginal posted have tried all the way keeping 1 Access VLAN, technically should work as expected, since Switch act as Layer and PC should get IP from cable Modem, as user confirmed that when he connect the cable to cable modem, he able to get IP address and internet working, (not confirmed what IP address he got it).

Some provider looks for truk config, so suggestion made to try with Trunk option since Access vlan not solved the issue here.

requested posted post and clarify the vlan 1 IP address, never had any reply interms of vlan 1 IP address clarification.

So we expecte orginal user to clarify and post lastest modifified config, and out come of hist testings.

make sense ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card