cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to make monitor dashboard the default dashboard in lms4.1?

stighollund
Level 1
Level 1

I am aware of the "how to make a default dashboard" below:

Step 1

Select

Manage Dashboards

The Dashboard Settings page appears.

Step 2 Select the dashboard node from the tree.

Step 3 Click Display Order.

The Set the display order of dashboards list box appears, displaying the list of dashboards.

Step 4 Select a dashboard from the list, and click Up Arrow or Down Arrow button to rearrange the dashboard.

Step 5 Click Update to apply the settings.

The dashboard that appears first in the list is set as the default dashboard. This dashboard is shown by default whenever you login to LMS.

But somehow the page when users log in is still blank.  Is this some sort of bug ?  or is it not possible to set a first screen logon page ?

I would like the Monitor dashboard to show up as default when people log in without having to press the monitor button in the menu.

Greetings Stig

4 Replies 4

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

I think every user has to do this for themselves. I guess this is by design

Cheers,

Michel

ok..

But i am just having problems understanding what cisco means by setting the default dashboard.  But I will try and test some more.  Seems a bit strange to me that it is not possible to set a standard dashboard for all users as a first login screen.

Thank you for your reply..

Cheers Stig

Hi

it is possible to change the default dashboard for which is showed up after user login for all users.

admin has to do this:

go to: my menu > default dashboards > manage dashboards

choose the root menu called "LMS" and choose display order

the menu which is on the top of this list is the dashboard showed up right after login (default = configuration dashboard)

unfortunately this is not possible to change for individual users,

so you cannot create a dashboard displaying after login per user.

Cheers

Hi

The problem was a corrupted installation.  I reinstalled lms4.1 and the problem was solved.  I am now able to set a default dashboard.  And then each user can change the dashboard for themselves afterwards as you say.

Thank you for your reply

Cheers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: