Views
Helpful
Replies

How to manage many cisco switches ?

rechard_hk
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I would like to as you that i have swiches 2960 (10Unit) and switches 3560 ( 3 unit) and router 2821 ( 1 unite) and AP( 10 unit).

So do you know software can manage all those product? Like monitor switch up or down, manage configure, check performance..........

Best Regards,

Rechard

3 Replies 3

microfeel
Level 1
Level 1

You can use Cisco Network Assistant for swiches 2960.

I don't know 3560, 2821 and AP devices are supported by  CNA.

darren.g
Level 5
Level 5

rechard_hk wrote:

Dear All,

I would like to as you that i have swiches 2960 (10Unit) and switches 3560 ( 3 unit) and router 2821 ( 1 unite) and AP( 10 unit).

So do you know software can manage all those product? Like monitor switch up or down, manage configure, check performance..........

Best Regards,

Rechard

Richard.

Do you want to pay for a product, or do it for minimal cost?

If you want to pay for something, then Solar Winds Orion NPM is a good product to do what you want - you can plug in the modules you want or need to the main package and make it do what you want. Of course, you can use Cisco's Data Center Network Manager or Prime LAN management solution.

If you want to do it for free, you can run a combination of Cacti and Nagios (open source, run on Linux), or any of a dozen other open source solutions in combination to get you what you want.

Personally, I use Cacti for interface/bandwidth monitoring, and Nagios for alerting (router up/down, link failures etc), along with some custom written scripts to copy configuration backups to a central location - but that needs a fair amount of work to setup.

Solar Winds Orion NPM (www.solarwinds.com) does everything you want, but it costs quite a bit - I have no idea what the Cisco solutions cost. The cost of installing a Linux server and the open source products comes down to hardware and time/expertiese.

Cheers.

My five cents.

Another open source monitoring solution - Zabbix.

May be it suit for your enveronment.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card