cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to restore remote connectivity for network device without going to remote site?

Kbolo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I need help I have lost remote capabilities such as ssh to one of my network devices and unable to got to the actual site to console into the device to troubleshoot. I am getting an error for ssh connection has timed out. My device is a cisco 4431 ISR

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is the router where the WAN connects to?

Yes

Yes it is

If this router is down and the WAN terminates to the router, is there a redundant path to this site?

_|brt.drml|_
Level 1
Level 1

Ask yourself some questions:

what are the redundant paths? is someone physically overthere? 

Can someone check your cabling? Is there a ISP edge device on location? Does that device still functions?

Basically troubleshoot the thing. 

Next time think of a secondary solution. Like a 4g module in the router that always provides you a dual link. A backup that you only pay when you need it.

Good luck and hope you can pin point the failure.

O and, can someone check if there is signal on the cable arriving? Hang a laptop on it, if its a DHCP receiver, then it should receive. This will help you also.

B

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

SSH timed out, you able to ping the device from your side continuously ? or that also not working ?

in this case more of your Intermitten connection with your provider, when you get chance to access remote side, capture all the logs and post here.

also log a complain with provider about the connection issue.

you can do EEM Script to run automatically and mitigate the issue, once you know the base line problem.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help