Views
Helpful
Replies

How to send logs to a remote location.

Pain
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I'd like to enable logging on some catalyst 3650 and save all the logs to a network area, like a nas or something.

I understand that it would be ideal to have a syslog server, but unfortunately that is not possible at the moment.

Can this be done?

Thanks in advance and have a great day.

Sincerely.

2 Replies 2

SamyAbdellatif
Level 1
Level 1

from my understanding to the syslog protocol based on the RFC-5424 , you need a COLLECTOR for the syslog messages, either you used normal PC, a Server machine or NAS storage device , this device should be able to accept syslog messages and store them. some NAS drives like Synology and other brands support syslog in their built-in OS.

I can see that you said you don't want to use syslog server, Although you don't need powerful devices for that. you can didicate an old PC and run some free linux distribution on it with open source syslog server app like visulasyslog

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not that i am aware directly possible to send Logs to network Drive. but this device support USB - you can send logs to USB, and make EEM Script to ship log files to  desired location. ? is that works ?

but that is not the best - but i can only think of now.

if this is long term solution - SYSLOG is your options.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: