cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how we can deploy configuration

parvs_cmc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi frenz, I have some configurations for my devices at LMS server desktop itself. Now i want to deploy these new configuration on all my devices. Can u tell me how can i do this activity?

thanks in advance

parvs

5 Replies 5

miheg
Level 5
Level 5

Look in the help on how to run an "ad hoc" job.

This is a template in netconfig that allows you to say what commands are to be executed.

You can break things this way ;-)

Cheers,

Michel

Hi michel, I have gone through that section, But i can't get much help from that. Can u tell me how can i deploy configuration from external conf file.

thanks

I'm not sure what is not working for you.

If you have some config lines you want to add to all machines netconfig is the tool to use.

If you have a complete config for one device then we have a different story, as obviously you can't push the same config to multiple devices.

Can you explain with some more detail what you goal is.

Cheers,

Michel

Hi michel, Yes i have complete configuration and i want to deploy in multiple devices. But as u r saying that we can't push to multiple devices than we have to do one by one. Ok plz tell me how i will push to single device.

Acyually i hav some switches in my network. I wanna to have diffrent configuration than current configuration in these devices. I have written that configuration in one file, now i want to push it to that devices.Sugggest me.

Ok I see.

So almost everything except the hostname and ip addresses are the same.

First you need to get these devices discovered by ciscoworks or add them manualy.

For this to work you will need to place a minimal config with an ip address, snmp strings, pasword, default gateway etc in each device.

Next you take any device in RME and open it in the config editor.

RME -> Config Mgmt -> Config Editor -> Config Files

You erase whatever is there and replace it by the template config you have.

Next you save this template config in either the private or the public configs folder.

When you open it from this location (private or public) you can edit the hostname and ip address and launch a netconfig job to push it to the device of your choice.

Personaly I feel it's a lot of work for noting much special.

Cheers,

Michel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: