Helpful
Replies

Internet traffic in WSA

krlanglic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there!

I am using Cisco WSA S690 iosync 11.5

Whenever I try to check the navigation traffic I check using the command proxystat.

Since I use 2 WSA, sometimes, I see %proxy CPU between 30 until 88 percent.

In case like this, my question is how do I decrease the percentage number due to my worrieness is that users come up to the point they cannot navigate no more and I don´t want to kill proxy processes or to go to a extreme solution affecting something else that I don´t want. On the other hand, the Ram seems to be fine. At around 20 to 30 percent of usage.

If there is something that I need to consider in order to prevent it or if you have any troubleshoot or a procedure to follow up, please I would be glad to receive it.

The company here is very sensitive regarding changes all of a sudden.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You need to put monitor system in place and keep monitor.

Always looks for the vendor update and update the OS as recomended by the vendor in the downtime window as part if maintenance.

If the business critical always sugges to have redundancy so you can failover and update and maintenance other one.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If i understand correctly you looking un known user to block ? or using proxy service ?

BB

Since you are mentioning,

It would be great you to explain both situation.

Mainly what I am looking for is using the proxy service, but if there the possibility to block a user that is consumming traffic, please let me know, too.

Best,

Karla

We are not sure how your setup, if you can explain more it would be great, so we can give right advise.

if you looking to block unknow users, single sign on with Ldap is the best option, so you can integrate with AD

BB

Hi!,

We already use LDAP integrated with the AD.

My question is in case there is an overflowing of cpu proxy like more than 60% of usage, what is the best solution in order to prevent this situations.

The last time we receive this kind of incidents, we had to restart the WSA and that is not a good inmediate solution, since we did not know what happened by that time.

Best,

Karla

You need to put monitor system in place and keep monitor.

Always looks for the vendor update and update the OS as recomended by the vendor in the downtime window as part if maintenance.

If the business critical always sugges to have redundancy so you can failover and update and maintenance other one.

BB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: