cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it still worth the cost to buy a Cisco Catalyst 3750 ?

arrbyt
Level 1
Level 1

i can have one for 50$

but I'm afraid the firmware is a bit too old and all the security loopholes that this can create 

4 Replies 4

Hi

For which purpose? If for a Lab,  is one thing but for production then you may have problems.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If loaded with the correct firmware, like the latest 12.2(55)SE, 3560/3750 are one of the most stable IOS ever released.  The reliability of the firmware will even beat the latest IOS-XE by several years.

Hello,

to add to the discussion, it depends on what you need the switch for, and what your security needs are. I think basic security features such as port security, 802.1x, DHCP snooping, and spanning tree security (BPDU Guard, Root Guard, etc.) are available. That said, as far as I recall, the end of sale date, depending on your model, was somewhere around 2013, so chances are that your switch is 10+ years old...which is a potential liability, but for 50 dollars...

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

as long as they are not exposed and it is internal Lan, they are very rugged product to use as long they running, if you have buying used one, buy some spare switch to replace (to save cost and service outages) - since cisco announced end of life.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help