cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISR 4321 EN console indicators

yoav-shneor
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco 4321  EN led next to console is flashing rapidly .

Cisco is not responfding to WAN / LAN / console .

On cisoc documents the EN led Indicates SFP port status .

On chat GPT "EN" or "Ethernet" LED s are associated with the Ethernet interfaces. 

Any Idea sombody ? 

4321 EN led.PNG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

yoav-shneor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All ..

After replacing power supply it took a minute and the LED stopped.

Probably the power supply was damaged and did not supply the exact  12V 9 Ampere needed.

TNX all 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYIhttps://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/4400/hardware/installation/guide4400-4300/C4400_isr/Overview.html#80850

- I would also advise that you cold boot (from power cycle) the system with first a console attached and scrutinize the boot process (look for errors), for instance, 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

TNX ,

Already lookd int that document.
I don't use any SFP so "SFP EN" led is erelevent .
Also the LED is directly under the blue line for the console so i tought it is more related to a serial port problem of any sourt.

There is another one left to the console.

yoavshneor_0-1724319610537.png

- Is the device reachable on the network ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hello!

If console dosent output no info on console(assuming you have the correct speed) the device is probably broken. Have you tried rebooting it? Does it display anything then? 

BR

****Kindly rate all useful posts*****

yoav-shneor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All ..

After replacing power supply it took a minute and the LED stopped.

Probably the power supply was damaged and did not supply the exact  12V 9 Ampere needed.

TNX all 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card