Replies

ISR4321 and Throughput Configuration?

Matthew Martin
Level 5
Level 5

Hello All,

Device: ISR4321/K9

License: FL-4320-PERF-K9

We have a bunch of these ISR4321s already in production, and today I was configuring a new ISR and had a question about the throughput configuration. I noticed today while I was configuring the ISR that there was the following command:

(config)#platform hardware throughput level ?
  100000  throughput in kbps
  50000   throughput in kbps

If I do not set the throughput in the config and I run the show command for this, I get:

# show platform hardware throughput level 
The current throughput level is 50000 kb/s

Given the available options in the config commands, and the apparent default of 50000 kb/s, is there any issue with setting throughput to the maximum 100000 kb/s..?

Thanks in Advance,

Matt

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

PaulP
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Matt,

We had a bunch of 4K routers recently deployed (various models) and the license was there but the command to increase the throughput was still required (and a reload after that). If the license is not there then you will see it as trial with an expiry date. Try it on a non-production router then replicate the process on the others.

Hope it helps,

Paul

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

chrihussey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As long as you have the license you should be able to enable the feature without any issues.

Hope this helps.

PaulP
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Matt,

We had a bunch of 4K routers recently deployed (various models) and the license was there but the command to increase the throughput was still required (and a reload after that). If the license is not there then you will see it as trial with an expiry date. Try it on a non-production router then replicate the process on the others.

Hope it helps,

Paul

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card