Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues with Cisco Prime LMS 4.2.3

Richard Murphy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trailing Cisco Prime LMS 4.2.3 Soft appliance on ESXi before I deploy it into a live environment and am having some issues.

I've upgraded to version 4.2.3 and the box was working fine after the upgrade however on power it up today the Apache service will not start.

If I look at the LMS application I see this for the Apache service.

"Apache                Administrator has shut down this server   0 "

I have tried to starting it.

CiscoLMS42/admin# application start Apache

% Application failed to start

CiscoLMS42/admin#

If I run an application operation debug at the same time I get the following output.

CiscoLMS42/admin# 6 [5343]: application:operation cars_install.c[1145] [admin]: Application initialization initiated for appname: Apache, operation: 0
7 [5343]: application:operation cars_install.c[1146] [admin]: Operations: O-APP_START, 1-APP_STOP, 2-APP_STATUS
6 [5343]: application:operation cars_install.c[1150] [admin]: Verifying app (Apache) is installed ...
3 [5343]: application:operation cars_install.c[1152] [admin]: App (Apache) is not installed.
3 [5343]: application:operation install_cli.c[281] [admin]: Error while starting application  - Application: Apache ErrorCode: -999

I'm at a complete lose as to where to look next, failing anything else I'll have to rebuild it, but it would be nice to know how to get the Apache up and running again.

regards

Rich

6 Replies 6

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

In the context of an LMS installation, Apache is considered a process, not an application. (The "application" is LMS.)

For for processes, you would use pdexec, e.g.:

pdexec apache

Reference this Admin guide section.

Hope this helps.

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

goto /opt/CSCOpx/MDC/Apache/logs/

See log files there.

Cluesless as to what could have caused this

Cheers,

Michel

Vlad Vlaicu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Richard,

Can you attach stdout.log and stdrr.log files from the location /opt/CSCOpx/MDC/tomcat/logs and

/var/adm/CSCOpx/log/daemons.log

Regards,

Vlad

========== NMS Team Krakow, Poland Cisco TAC

Files attached as requested.

Thanks

Rich

Vlad Vlaicu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Richard,

I see the following:

[ Thu Apr 18 20:53:11 GMT 2013 ] TomcatMonitor After gettingAJPPort : ajpPort = 9009 and host =CiscoLMS42

[ Thu Apr 18 20:53:11 GMT 2013 ] TomcatMonitor theMgr constructor successful.

[ Thu Apr 18 20:53:11 GMT 2013 ] TomcatMonitor Inside whileloop

[ Thu Apr 18 20:53:11 GMT 2013 ] TomcatMonitor Tomcat is not ready, it's coming up Connection refused

It looks like the hostname cannot be resolved. Can you try to add a static entry in /etc/hosts for the IP of the server and CiscoLMS42?

Restart the daemon manager and it should work.

Regards,

Vlad

==========
NMS Team
Krakow, Poland
Cisco TAC

========== NMS Team Krakow, Poland Cisco TAC

Thanks for the reply.

I've checked the hosts file and it already has a static entry for the IP and hostname :-(

regards

Rich