Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.2: restorebackup.pl never seems to work

marcjone
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I am investigating Disaster Recovery procedures for CiscoWorks

I have tried using the restorebackup.pl script several times but I have never actually seen it run successfully

I was wondering if anyone has had much experience of using this command and whether there are some pitfalls which I need to be aware of

For example, I tried to restore a backup from a production machine to a test machine and this failed. There were some minor differences in the build, so I am hoping that this would explain the failure ...

Although, I used the -FORCE argument for the command the script ran for a while and then failed, stating that it had 'exited unexpectedley'

I am also going to try restoring a backup to a rebuilt machine (which will have the same build as was running when the last backup was made) but I am not confident that the restorebackup.pl script will run successfully

If this were to fail; has anyone ever tried copying over the entire CSCOpx directory to another machine ... Could this work ?

Otherwise, I am thinking that I may just have to consider doing a .csv import instead

If anyone has any thoughts on the above I'd be interested to hear them

Many thanks for any help

Kind regards

Marcus Jones

2 Replies 2

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

Hello Marcus,

Copying the CSCOpx over won't work on Solaris, as there is reference in the database to the /var/adm/CSCOpx as well.

csv will migrate the RME information only.

Hi Nadim

Many thanks for your help

I'm running on Windows unfortunately :(

So it looks like I'm hitting the following bug:

CSCec01327 - Restore:RWAN1.3: restorebackup fails when migrating data to other server

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCec01327

I'm going to try applying Common Services Service Pack 3 on the box which I'm trying to restore to. I'm not confident it will work though as I know that the box which created the backups did not have the patch for this bug ...

Kind regards

Marcus

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card