cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.0 Important

ahmed_saleh
Level 1
Level 1

1-I have remote sites and main branch connection between remote sites to main branch is MPLS

2-Connection between main branch to remote sites over 2 ISP

My question

I need real time monitor with out enable GRE tunnel between main branch to remote site

If the router down in remote site from any ISP I need the router will be reed

I need this action in topology map

I don't need this action by mail or by syslog

54 Replies 54

i need to monitor the up devices do u understand me

DFM monitors all devices in a Known state. If the devices are healthy (e.g. they are reachable, and have no down interfaces) then you will not see any alert for them in AAD. DFM is still managing and monitor those devices, though.

Joe

If core switch have sub interfaces connected to remote sites. And I will but this core switch in critical poller if any router down in remote sites the link between sub interfaces from core switch to router in remote sites will be down in topology map

If a link that exists on the topology map goes down according to SNMP (i.e. the ifOperStatus is down), then the topology map should reflect this after the next polling cycle.

Joe

1- I take for you screen shot for problem in DFM the bandwidth is 2M but ciscoworks get the bandwidth 256 and get me alert about utilization why .these problem form 14 day tell know

2- I make hosts file and put it in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc and restart the server and run discovery and run data collection but the device not appear with name

You should check ifSpeed for this interface to make sure it is advertising the 2 Mbps value.

You will need to remove and re-add devices from DFM to get the name updates.

attached screen shot

1-How I can check ifSpeed I need steps

2-You will need to remove and re-add devices from DFM to get the name updates.

This Is will help me in all application like CM, RME, IP or I will remove devices from all application

How I can enable cdp over mpls between to site to discover this site by Cisco works

I do not believe this is possible. However, the typical way to enable CDP on a non-broadcast interface is to add the command "cdp enable".

Perform an snmpwalk of ifSpeed on this device. Then perform an snmpwalk for ifDescr. Match the ifIndex values to confirm the ifSpeed value.

No, this will help for DFM. For other applications, you will need to modify the devices' display names in DCR, or configure Discovery to "Update DCR Display Name" under Common Services > Device Discovery > Discovery Settings > Global Settings. Then you will need to run another Discovery.

Joe I don't understand about how I can Perform an snmpwalk of ifSpeed on this device . did you mean I will enter to device and Right snmpwalk

And I don't under stand this also Then perform an snmpwalk for ifDescr how I can make this

I am enabled CDP on 6500 on interface POS

And enabled CDP on router in remote site in serial interfaces but I can't get the link between main branch and remote site in topology map

What does show cdp neighbor report on each end of the link? Just because you can enable CDP doesn't mean it will actually work.

What does show cdp neighbor report on each end of the link?

In branch just I see direct connected device from my network put in wan interface I see the router from ISP

In remote site I see the connected switch from my site put in wan serial interface I didn't see any thing

Joe please tell me what can do. To do I need Cisco works drown the link I need solution