Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1 Inventory Collection fails

chris.cumbaa
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem as the following post:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/176673?tstart=0&viewcondensed

Also, LMS fails inventory collection every time.  I click on the "failed" link from LMS Portal, but the page never comes up detailing why it has failed.  This is after I fixed an issue with group policy overwriting the "Logon as batch" setting for casuser.  Everything appeared to be up and running normally again, when I noticed the next day that inventory polling/collection is failing.  pdshow attatched.

The following error message continues to show up in the rme_ctm.log file:

[ Tue Feb 22  07:40:55 CST 2011 ] URN_NOT_FOUND : urn "JRM" : Not found !!

The last entry in the CTMJrmServer.log file is:

[ Thu Feb 10  10:52:55 CST 2011 ],INFO ,[main],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.jrmwrapper.server.CTMJobManagerServer,publishDaemonOk,99,Called CreateReady file. Return Value 0

I've been blindly trying to chase this down and getting nowhere.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please  remove ctmregistry and ctmregistry.backup from   CSCOpx/MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/lib, restart daemon manager with   the following command :-

net stop crmdmgtd --> to stop daemon

net start crmdmgtd --> to start daemon

While   applying this workaround make sure to stop "Windows Remote Management"   service of CiscoWorks server. You can access this from Start > run   > services.msc.

Try this one more time and if the issue pressist then send me the output of pdshow , jrm.log and CTMJrmServer.log ..

Thanks--

Afroj

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please  remove ctmregistry and ctmregistry.backup from   CSCOpx/MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/lib, restart daemon manager with   the following command :-

net stop crmdmgtd --> to stop daemon

net start crmdmgtd --> to start daemon

While   applying this workaround make sure to stop "Windows Remote Management"   service of CiscoWorks server. You can access this from Start > run   > services.msc.

Try this one more time and if the issue pressist then send me the output of pdshow , jrm.log and CTMJrmServer.log ..

Thanks--

Afroj

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks, that did the trick!

Now, if you can only explain what this did, or why this was the correct course of action.

Hi ,

Great ..

The issue was this Port was blocked 47001, which was blocked . what we did will skip that Port and the ctmregistry should have EssentialsDM on a new port, and the conflict should not reoccur.

Thanks--

Afroj

Thanks for the explanation!

Problems persist after reboot.

I'd give you a pdshow output, but there isn't one.  pdshow command hangs.

EDIT: including pdshow after service restart

Hi ,

I checked the Pdshow every other process is running as Expected , also I checked  the the log file and No error in it.

com.cisco.nm.rmeng.jrmwrapper.server.JobManagerExt,getJRM,383,getJRM: SUCCESSFUL CONNECTION TO JRM.

Please attached the screen shot of the Error ..

Thanks--

Afroj

One example is when trying to schedule a config sync, I get the following:

DCMA0055: URN_NOT_FOUND : urn "JRM" : Not found !!

DCMA0077: Could not create job. Check dcmaclient.log for more details.

However, I delete the ctmreg files and restart services and everything works fine.  I would like to prevent this from reocurring after each reboot.  Is there any other information/logs that might be useful?

Hi ,

The reason must be  some 3rd Party application Installed on the Same server , which is using the same Port which is supposed to be used by cisco works!!!

Check the below link for Ports used by cisco works :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps4737/products_tech_note09186a00800e2d78.shtml

Thanks--

Afroj

I've decided to leave WinRM service as manual.  After reboot, LMS is fully functional and runs with no errors.  If this service being set to manual causes me problems in the future, I will update this discussion.  Thanks for your assistance.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card