Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1 Unknow Devices

j-fragoso
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We have some devices which LMS doesn't show propertly. The models are WS-C2960-48PST-L  and WS-C2960-24TS. I have tried installed devices package but it doesn't work. I attach some files with software version and some checks

Any idea?

6 Replies 6

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

These device are supported from CM 5.1.3 (your is 5.1) and DFM is 3.1.3 (your 3.1). Though RME version is supported but it required the device packages.

Currently due to some issue between LMS and cisco.com you may or may not get the device packages from cisco.com.

RME support for this specific device is available at http://cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cw2000-rme. The latest device updates are available at http://www.cisco.com/public/sw-center/index.shtml.

Although, i would suggest to move to LMS 3.2 instead of t/shooting LMS 3.1.

-Thanks

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Hi,

I get this error (view attach) when I try to install device package.

what could be the problem?

thanks

The error says there is a dependency of the the current device packge you are trying to install. You need to install that dependency before you try to install the main device packge.

Hence you have to download SharedInventorycatIOS packge ( SharedInventoryCatIOS.RME42.v2-2-3.zip) from :

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=282253606&flowid=5144&softwareid=280775121&release=4.2.0&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

-Thanks

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

When I try to install SharedInventoryCatIOS.RME42.v2-2-3.zip package I get another error (View attach). How can I know all the dependencies?

Hi J-fragoso,

Each device package has a read-me file, there you could find all the dependencies requiered to install that device package.

Regards,

Luis

This is a trouble i know, as every device package individually may have some dependent device package which it may require to be installed prior to installing that one.

his chain could be long, but usually troubles rarely, as most of the device packages has one or the other comeon dependencies as well, so once done properly for one, would have easier installation in future.

Every device package has a read me file which talks about te dependencies. If you have downloaded them already you can use the CLI feature of LMS (psucli) to check depedencies (it can be used to install, uninstall, donwload etc as well).

For more details on CLI please check : Using the Software Center CLI Utility .

Example :

C:\>psucli -p rme -pkgDependents -src C:\psu_download Cat4000IOS

Checking for [rme] packages in C:\psu_download ...

got all packages Repository

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Package              Version    Depends on

Cat4000IOS           7.1        SharedPollerCatL2L3(1.0)

SharedConfigNegatIOSRule(1.2)

SharedInventoryCatL2L3(1.3)

SharedNetshowIOS(2.2.1)

SharedCredentialUpdaterIOSRule(1.4)

SharedPollerRouter(1.0)

SharedInventoryCatIOS(2.3)

SharedCfgEditNegation(1.1)

SharedNetconfigIOS(2.3)

SharedSwimIOS(2.5.1)

SharedDcmaIOS(2.4.1)

SharedCdaIOS(2.0)

SharedCfgEditDiff(1.2)