I cannot find any imformation on that

Thanks

Martin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Martin Ermel
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

currently, I cannot verify but it should be a simple CSV file.

Thus, the content should looks like this

displayName1,displayName2,displayName3,dev....

What I often do is copy the devices I need from a LMS report and paste them in to a text editor (and I am not talking about notepad but something like VIM or Notepad++  ;-) ). Then I change the content in that way that all the devices I need are in one line, seperated by a comma. Now I can copy and paste this line into the Device Selector and click on the icon next to the box. This works with 300 devices as well.

The advantage of taking the devices from a report is that it does not matter if some devices are displayed with IP address or name.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Martin Ermel
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

currently, I cannot verify but it should be a simple CSV file.

Thus, the content should looks like this

displayName1,displayName2,displayName3,dev....

What I often do is copy the devices I need from a LMS report and paste them in to a text editor (and I am not talking about notepad but something like VIM or Notepad++  ;-) ). Then I change the content in that way that all the devices I need are in one line, seperated by a comma. Now I can copy and paste this line into the Device Selector and click on the icon next to the box. This works with 300 devices as well.

The advantage of taking the devices from a report is that it does not matter if some devices are displayed with IP address or name.

Hi Martin,

I tried the input file with dev1,dev2,...  but it didnt work.

But with your hint to paste directly into the Device Selector it worked fine

thanks for your help

fine that these steps worked for you;

If you could mark the thread as resolved, others could quickly see that this thread contains a working solution if they get it displayed when they use the forum search feature.

Martin