Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 OperationallyDown & unmanaged interfaces

Wassim Aouadi
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I get a lot of OperationallyDown notifications on email. So, on DFM->Device Management->Device Details->View, all device interfaces are put to the "false" value. I guess this means no interfaces will be managed on the device?

I made sure that the device is reachable from LMS. In Notification Services, I created an event set A with only "OperationallyDown" type of event.

I still receive a ton of email notifications

any idea?

2 Replies 2

Wassim Aouadi
Level 4
Level 4

Here's the email I get:

EVENT ID               = 000701T

ALERT ID               = 000030H

TIME                   = Tue 21-Jun-2011 16:56:40 CEST

STATUS                 = Active

SEVERITY               = Critical

MANAGED OBJECT         = 10.101.16.126

MANAGED OBJECT TYPE     = Routers

EVENT DESCRIPTION       = OperationallyDown::Component=I-Interface_Fault_MIB2-IF-10.101.16.126/77;ComponentClass=Interface;ComponentEventCode=1075;Type=GENERIC;IsFlapping=false;AdminStatus=TESTING;MaxSpeed=0;OperStatus=OTHER;InterfaceCode=CODEUNKNOWN;Mode=NORMAL;DuplexMode=UN

ngoldwat
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Go to DFM > Notification Services > Event Sets

Here is the User Guide.

Event sets are groups of the events you want to monitor. You can create up to nine event sets, labeled A through I.

After  you have created an event set, you can apply as many of them as you  want to a notification group, thereby tracking the specific events in  which you are interested. If you do not specify an event set, DFM will  monitor all events and alerts for notifications.

Hope that helps.