Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.0.1 - ANI Server may be down

Hi all,

I'm facing a problem with my LMS 4.0.1...when I tried to access anything under "Admin> Collection Settings> Data Collection>" I received the following message:

"Error while loading. ANI Server may be down. Please check for ANI Server Status in Admin -> System -> Server Monitoring -> Processes"

And then, all fields are blank in:

SNMP Timeouts and Retries

Data Collection Schedule

Data Collection Critical Devices Poller

But everything is OK, the process is running (with busy flag set) on pdshow...I tried to restart ANIServer with "pdterm ANIServer/pdexec ANIServer" and other actions mentioned in other posts but no luck at all...

Maybe It's related to another problem, where my shadow directory is not being updated, after change any configuration...in any device...

Could you please help me?

Regards,

Vicente Pires

23 Replies 23

This is a windows server ?

share the output of " PATH"  from the server command prompt

===

Try these steps as well::

Stop the Daemon (net stop crmdmgtd)

-Check in task manager if you have dbsrv10 , kill the service

- Go to C:\progra~2\CSCOpx\objects\setup\support>resetCasuser.exe

Then

a)       Goto regedit

b)       HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Cisco -> Resource Manager -> CurrentVersion -> Daemons

c)       select ANIServer process

d)       Right click on Args for this process and click Modify.

e)       There change the valur for Xmx parameter. For example if the current value is 1280m then decrease it to 1024m.

and check whether the ANI process coming up properly or not.

===

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ***

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi my friend, thanks!

i've done all the steps mentioned above...but I see the same error message ("Error while loading. ANI Server may be down).

Yes, It is a Windows Server.

See bellow the path output:

>path
PATH=C:\Windows;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows\system32\wbem;;C:\Windows\SysWOW64\\wbem;E:\CSCOpx\objects\smarts\lib;E:\CSCOpx\objects\smarts

\bin;E:\CSCOpx\campus\bin;E:\CSCOpx\MDC\tomcat\bin;E:\CSCOpx\MDC\Apache;E:\CSCOpx\MDC\Apache\bin;E:\CSCOpx\MDC\jre\bin;E:\CSCOpx\MDC\bin;E:

\CSCOpx\lib\jre\bin\server;E:\CSCOpx\objects\db\x64;E:\CSCOpx\objects\db\win32;E:\CSCOpx\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows

\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\

thanks

Vicente Pires

Hi Vicente,

I really don't see a reason of ANI failure in the log...

can you change the heap size of the ANIServer back to original from " Registry" and Reboot the server once and check the status of the issue

Thanks-

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thank you!

It's very strange...if I check on Server Processes, it is running (with a busy flag). only in this screen show me that error message. 

about heap size...you mean roll back configurations under those a, b, c, d, e options on your last post?

thanks-

Hi Vicente,

Change the heap size back to 1280m  and Reboot the server.

-share the screen shot of services.msc window showing the cisco work services especially ANIserver

If chaninging the heap size and rebooting does not work , do the reinitialize ANIDB once again and capture the screen shit while doing the reinitialize DB

Thanks-

Afroz

Thanks Afroz!

I'll try these steps this weekend and let you know the results.

Thanks,

Vicente

Hi Afroz,

I tried all steps mentioned, but nothing changed my friend...

See screen shots attached

Thanks again.

Vicente

pvanvuuren
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Vicente

some things to check:  is the server's name in the local hostfile? ; check if the local firewall isn't blocking those important ANI server TCP ports ( 43242 and 42342 ).

You could also try " perl NMSROOT\campus\bin\reinitdb.pl "

is this a new install ?

Cheers

Hi pvanvuuren!

No It's not...should it be there? Like:

example (in Windows\System32\drivers\etc)

10.10.10.10 LMS-SERVER

there is no blocking, I checked those TCP ports and it's ok...I also disabled the firewall to test.

will that perl command erase some data? or something similar?

No, It was working before...

cheers!