cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.01 :credentials vérification SSH enable don't work

p.pegouret
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 3750 with tacacs authentication on Cisco Acs.

in SSH on the active element no worries.

I filled  the credentials of the device in lms add/import managed device

But in inventory audits and credentials to create a job with verification to enable ssh mode user name and password,

the job failed.

Is this a known problem?

Have an idea?

Regards

Philippe

5 Replies 5

Gaganjeet Chug
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Kindly post the screenshot of the username and password prompt when you try to login to device.

Many Thanks,

Gaganjeet

Hie,

i don't understand what scrennshot you want.

When i try to login device in SSH, it's ok, but with the credentials job not

thanks

philippe

Hi Philippe,

I just want to see the customized prompt "username" and "password" since you tacacs configured on the device

Kindly share the screenshot while trying to login to device so that i can see how the prompt username and password look like.

Many Thanks,

Gaganjeet

hie,

it works.

By changing the prompt "Password" with "password" in the script in TacacsPrompts.ini of wcs.

It's ok

Regards
Philippe

Hi,

Thanks for the update and glad it fix the issue. Kindly close this thread so that it will be helpful for other too.

Summary :- If you have customized prompts configured on the device that means when you try to login to device the Username --> look like "username" (notedown the lower case of "u") and Password --> password (notedown the lower case of "p"), in this case you need to put these credentials on tacacsprompts.ini file that is located at

CSCOpx\objects\cmf\data

So that file look like :-

[TELNET]

USERNAME_PROMPT=username:

PASSWORD_PROMPT=password:

After making the above change. LMS will try to login to device with lower case username and password and thus most of the issues like device credentials report and Sync Archive for the devices will be fixed.

Many Thanks,

Gaganjeet

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card