Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.1 with CUCM 8.0.2 Phones only detected as End Hosts

hgans
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

looks like I still have an issue with LMS to recognize the IP Phones in UT as IP Phones.

SNMP RO on Call Manager is enabled and is green in CM (e.g. topology) - so SNMP get is basically fine.

The Phones are recognised as End Devices in UT.

As far as I understand, now if I start a Phone Aquisition, the CUCM is polled by LMS to gather additional information about the phones.

So it seems there is a problem with the SNMP polling of the Callmanager?

thanks for any help!

br.herwig

5 Replies 5

jreekers
Level 4
Level 4

Not quite sure I understand...

Does the Call Manager show-up in the LMS DCR?

Thanks,

-Joe

Yes, its in DCR

below the device status of the Callmanager:

20.192.168.2.10Callmanager192.168.2.10
1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.583Cisco 7825H Media Convergence Server

The phones are collected by UT as end hosts (it is seen through the voice vlan called "UC"):

But this phones are not recognized as phones in UT:

thanks,

br.herwig

User Tracking phone discovery is via snmp by walking ccmPhoneTable which is only available if the appropriate service is enabled

Prerequisite - The device must show up in Campus Data Collection.

Use device center and walk the follwoing OIDs

.1.3.6.1.2.1.1.2 - if this failed it is a problem with SNMP Engine, either it is not enabled, has the wrong community or has a host based ACL applied.

.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.156.1.2.1 - this is the phone table, if this does not return details then you need to enable SNMP Service or restart it.

Serviceability -> Tools -> Control Center - Feature Services,  under Performance Monitoring Services -> Cisco Call Managers SNMp  Service

If the ccmPhoneTable walk is slow , then the problem might also be snmp timeout, you could try as a last resort increasing these values.  Keep in mind it will take both Data Collection and User Tracking longer to finish depending on how much these settings are modified.

Admin > Collection Settings > Data Collection > Data Collection SNMP Timeouts and Retries

If this does not work , then you may need to open a TAC case.

Thanks Thomas, these are very good hints for troubleshooting this.

What I can tell now, both SNMP walks deliver values- timeout issue maybe exist, the phone table walk was quite slow...

Now I'll play around with timeouts (seems like it's possible to change collection timeouts for single hosts also, so I try to change this only for the CCM).

The following is a SNMP walk of device 192.168.2.10 starting from .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.2

SNMP Walk Output

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RFC1213-MIB::sysObjectID.0 = OID: CISCO-PRODUCTS-MIB::ciscoMCS7825H

The following is a SNMP walk of device 192.168.2.10 starting from .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.156.1.2.1

SNMP Walk Output

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CISCO-CCM-MIB::ccmPhonePhysicalAddress.1 = STRING: 4:c5:a4:b0:10:a8

CISCO-CCM-MIB::ccmPhonePhysicalAddress.2 = STRING: 1c:17:d3:40:ca:d8

[...]

br.h

the SNMP timeout changes did not solve my issue.

My last test was a timeout of 300sec. with a second retry - so 10 minutes finally....

So I will go on and open a TAC Case as mentioned.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card