cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.2.3 Update Issue

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is anybody else seeing an issue in applying package updates in LMS 4.2.3?

I am getting an error whether going via the GUI or CLI. The key issue appears to be (acroding to the PSU.log):

[ Sat May 11 16:41:25 EST 2013 ] ERROR  [PsuPkgResolver : pickUnselectedBasePackages]  : Consistency check failed for base package SharedSwimRtr800(2.2)

I have the version 2.0.1 of SharedSwimRtr800:

327.SharedSwimRtr8002.0.1SharedSwimRtr800 device package

...and I can't seem to find 2.2 anywhere in the downloads section for LMS 4.2.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hariail
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same issue on Windows, and it was solved by installing the CSCue69689 patch (CSCuc72795).

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

I think there is error in you package file. Plaese Check the checksum value of the downloaded files with the values given below:

Checksum value for Solaris—2844162188 959342030

Checksum value for Soft Appliance—2846880703 856966763

Checksum value for Windows—3386397265 907661590

For more info you can go to below link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.2.3/release/notes/lms4_2_3_release_notes.html

Those are the checksum values for the LMS 4.2.3 update. That is installed and operating properly in every respect except pacakge updates.

I need the SharedSwimRtr800(2.2) package.

hariail
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same issue on Windows, and it was solved by installing the CSCue69689 patch (CSCuc72795).

That BugID description does look promising. I'll apply that fix and let you know how it works out.

I'll have to reeach out to Cisco for it since I'm running an NFR installation in my lab don't have TAC / patch download rights associated my my account for this product.

Thanks.

Got the patch today - problem resolved. Thanks.

What are the steps to apply this patch on a soft appliance (Linux commands) or where can I find the instructions?

I placed the patch in "/opt/psu_download/lms" directory.

Thanks.

The patch is a zip file which includes both the patch and a readme file. Follow the instructions (excerpted below) and the patch will invoke Perl to run a script that copies a bunch of files from one location to another on your server 

It takes about 10 minutes to complete - wait until you are presented with your command prompt again to know that it's done.

The readme states, in part:

Patch Install Instructions:

---------------------------

Step 1. Download the patch to any temp directory other than NMSROOT, the directory where CiscoWorks is installed.

Step 2. Untar/Unzip the patch.

Step 3. Go to the directory to which you Untarred/Unzipped the patch.

Step 4: Execute the following command:

On Solaris: NMSROOT/bin/perl CSCue69689-1.pl

On Windows: NMSROOT\bin\perl CSCue69689-1.pl

On Soft Appliance: NMSROOT/bin/perl CSCue69689-1.pl

Note : NMSROOT is the directory where CiscoWorks is installed.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card