cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

LMS 4.2 on VM problem

Dear All,

I have just finished installing the LMS 4.2 (Fresh Install) on VM ESXi 5.1. I followed the setup guide and that the installation process is finished perfectly. I can not even get into the main page (to type the login credentials) and just only accepting the certificate, then a page was shown with the following,

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Is there any idea that I can get from? Have you ever been experiencing similar problems and is there any solutions? I am stuck at this stage and extremely frustrated because I followed nearly everything according to Cisco's recommendations.

Thanks!

Regards,

KK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

You're welcome.

Please mark your question as answered if the certificate suggestion in the linked thread solved the problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Hall of Fame Guru

Have a look at this thread and see if that helps.

By the way, while it shouldn't result in the error you are seeing, ESXi 5.1 is not a supported version for LMS 4.2. Reference.

Highlighted

Dear Marvin,

Thanks for your reply, and I have actually went thru it all.

However, I managed to solve the problems finally with all the certs deleted, manager daemon stopped, SSL disabled and then enabled the SSL again (It will automatically ask you to re-generate the cert with credentials), started the manager daemon and  then I can login and work perfectly.

LMS 4.2 can be hosted on ESXi 5.1.

Thanks all and have a nice day!

KK

Highlighted

You're welcome.

Please mark your question as answered if the certificate suggestion in the linked thread solved the problem.

View solution in original post

Content for Community-Ad