cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.2 Performance report question

cwallin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I got some questions about Performace Reports, more specifically "Interface utilization".

If I use the Report -> Performance -> Interface -> Utilization and select one device it generates a report with 3 Interfaces, Fa0/4, Gi0/2 and Fa0 from that device.

The device Interface status is:

Fa0/1          connected          trunk          a-full          a-100          10/100BaseTX

Fa0/2          connected          trunk          a-full          a-100          10/100BaseTX

Fa0/3          disabled          1          auto          auto          10/100BaseTX

Fa0/4          connected          trunk          full          100          10/100BaseTX

Fa0/5          disabled          1          auto          auto          10/100BaseTX

all interfaces in between are disabled also

Fa0/24          disabled          1          auto          auto          10/100BaseTX

Gi0/1          connected          trunk          full          1000          1000BaseLX

Gi0/2          connected          trunk          a-full          a-1000          10/100/1000BaseTX

Fa0          connected          routed          a-full          a-100          10/100BaseTX

The logical (for me) would be that all connected interfaces (Fa0/1,Fa0/2,Fa0/4,Gi0/1,Gi0/2,Fa0) would be included in the report.

To the qeustions:

How can I make all connected interfaces appear in the report?

Is there any way to make a report on for a specific interface, say Fa0/1?

1 Reply 1

cwallin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I forwarded this question to the support and got some info which might be useful.

To force LMS to poll specific interfaces, go to Monitor > Performance Settings > Setup > Pollers and create your own poller with the devices or interfaces you want to have polled.

To generate a report of one or more specific interfaces, you first make a poller for those Intrfacesand then make a custom report which uses that poller.