cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.2 Performance report question

cwallin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I got some questions about Performace Reports, more specifically "Interface utilization".

If I use the Report -> Performance -> Interface -> Utilization and select one device it generates a report with 3 Interfaces, Fa0/4, Gi0/2 and Fa0 from that device.

The device Interface status is:

Fa0/1          connected          trunk          a-full          a-100          10/100BaseTX

Fa0/2          connected          trunk          a-full          a-100          10/100BaseTX

Fa0/3          disabled          1          auto          auto          10/100BaseTX

Fa0/4          connected          trunk          full          100          10/100BaseTX

Fa0/5          disabled          1          auto          auto          10/100BaseTX

all interfaces in between are disabled also

Fa0/24          disabled          1          auto          auto          10/100BaseTX

Gi0/1          connected          trunk          full          1000          1000BaseLX

Gi0/2          connected          trunk          a-full          a-1000          10/100/1000BaseTX

Fa0          connected          routed          a-full          a-100          10/100BaseTX

The logical (for me) would be that all connected interfaces (Fa0/1,Fa0/2,Fa0/4,Gi0/1,Gi0/2,Fa0) would be included in the report.

To the qeustions:

How can I make all connected interfaces appear in the report?

Is there any way to make a report on for a specific interface, say Fa0/1?

1 Reply 1

cwallin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I forwarded this question to the support and got some info which might be useful.

To force LMS to poll specific interfaces, go to Monitor > Performance Settings > Setup > Pollers and create your own poller with the devices or interfaces you want to have polled.

To generate a report of one or more specific interfaces, you first make a poller for those Intrfacesand then make a custom report which uses that poller.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: