Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.2 Topology service not reflected summary online

laith_mig
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all;

I have configured LMS 4.2 to receive snmp traps from my network devices, and by debugging the snmp packets it seems that the configuration working well as the LMS polling the devices every 2 minutes.

The problem is that the topology service summary does not reflect the changes that hapens over the links or the devices reachability "online", even i wait more than 15 minutes after the change happen...!!!.

The solution was to reopen the topology service window to see the changes.

I do data collection from topology service window but no change happens over the summary.

The question is: why do I need to reopen topology service window to see the changes over my network?, why didn't change online?

Regards.

3 Replies 3

jomin.joy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Please help on this issue. I am also facing same kind of issue. Device failures are not reflecting on Topology until it reopens.

Thanks,

Jomin

Jomin

I posted the response on the other forum you posted the question:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12512206/lms-425-topology-view-not-updating-devices-status-when-disconnected

Topology does not auto update, is based on Data Collection and the Critical Device Poller, but for it to reflect the changes you will need to close and re-open the topology plugin.

Dear jossabor;

Thanks for clarification, but is that even planned in the road map? we are now comparing LMS with the other products (non-cisco) monitoring tools.

As you know the other products gives you a map with the devices status "auto refreshed" every configured polling intervals.