Views
Helpful
Replies

lms 4.x dfm alert oper/unresp.

secureIT
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

few of the interfaced in routers switches went down and the alarm was not displayed in lms 4.2.3 dfm activities pages..

my observation was that, there were unresponsive alarms generated, and according to my knowledge untill that interface becomes available for "icmp and snmp" no more alarms will not generated if that interface goes down..

should it generate operationally down alert before getting unresponsive alarm.??

in case A, i used to get operationlly down alarm and in 3 mins, unreponsive alarm

in case B, i get only unresponsive alarm only.

can some one clarify my doubt.??

regards

Rajesh

19 Replies 19

Hi Cisco Team,

cisco tac case is opened for this case, and now developement team is working on this. we tried all the possible workarounds and still the router interfaces are showing as unresponsive. In DFM\device details\select this router\ the status of all the interfaces, are showing as empty. I meant to say, dfm page is not able to see the status of any of the interfaces.

dmctl> get  SNMPAgent::SNMPAgent-ROUTER-7606::Status

UNRESPONSIVE dmctl> get  SNMPAgent::SNMPAgent-ROUTER-7606::Status
UNRESPONSIVE

Good luck with that Rajesh,

I still would like to see the trace, just to see what goes on between LMS and the device.

You can edit out sensitive stuff like community string, etc with wireshark.

Or send it to me private.

Cheers,

Michel

Thanks Michel,

Could you please send a test mail to rajesh.pvk3@gmail.com , so that i can send the pcap.

Cheers,

Rajesh

Hi All,

The problem has been resolved. issue was that snmpagent was not responding properly to snmp polling.. Here the snmp agent is on the router. We rebooted the router and now everything is working fine..

This thread has been resolved.

regards

rajesh

Following is the detail of both the alert for DFM :

OperationallyDown:

OperationallyDown

Description:

Interface— Operational state of a card or network adapter is not normal.

System Hardware—Disk's operational state is not normal.

Trigger: Polling, or processed trap (see Processed SNMP Traps).

For interfaces, LMS will only generate an OperationallyDown clear event if the card is reinserted into the same slot, and if the module index is the same before and after the card is reinserted.

Severity: Critical.

Device Type: All.

Event Code: 1018.

Component Codes:

Disk: 1077.

Port: 1076.

Interface: 1075.

Chassis: 1074.

Card: 1073.

On any other Component: 1072.

Unresponsive:

Unresponsive

Description: Device does not respond to ICMP or SNMP requests. Probable causes are:

On a system: ICMP Ping requests and SNMP queries to the device timeout received no response.

On an SNMP Agent: Device ICMP ping requests are successful, but SNMP requests time out with no response.

A system might also be reported as Unresponsive if the only link (for example, an interface) to the system goes down.

Trigger: Polling.

Severity: Critical.

Device Type: All.

Event Code: 1022.

Component Codes:

Router: 1101.

SNMP Agent: 1100.

Incharge Broker: 1099.

IP: 1098.

Hub: 1097.

Host: 1096.

HTTP Service: 1095.