cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS Licensing

mariusst
Level 1
Level 1

My customer had LMS 4.0 with a 300 device license and software support for this, he then asked for a quote to upgrade to a 750 device license.We quoted him on the following part number

L-CWLMSCONV300-750    (Device-restricted license conversion for LMS 4.x 300 to 750 Cisco network devices. No application software DVDs provided, only a new PAK. Customer must already have a licensed copy of the 300 device-restricted version of LMS 4.0 installed before installing the new conversion license key)

In the window between ordering and receving the above he upgraded his LMS 4.0 to ver 4.1 which now renders the above license unuseable.Is there any way in wihich the above license can be converted to the correct license for ver 4.1 (750) ?

Would this have been different if he first applied the above license to ver 4.0 then upgraded to ver 4.1 ?

The attachment shows the licensing info before and after the license was apllied.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I would asume if both licenses (their PAK's) were included in an SAS contract the product upgrade tool should be able to provide the same licenses (new PAK's) for LMS 4.1.

Cheers,

Michel

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The license can't be "converted" per se but if you contact the TAC and ask to speak to the licensing team they should be able to re-issue the upgrade license file for LMS 4.1.

You should have all your PAKs on hand

chadreynolds
Level 1
Level 1

You need to have version 4.0 installed when the registration of the initial 300-device license, and then the upgrade to 4.1 could have taken place with the 300 to 750 license upgrade.  I hope that makes sense.  If not, further clarification can read here:

Device-restricted license conversion for LMS 4.x 300 to 750 Cisco network devices. No application software DVDs provided, only a new PAK. Customer must already have a licensed copy of the 300 device-restricted version of LMS 4.0 installed before installing the new conversion license key.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/netmgtsw/ps6504/ps6528/ps11200/ps11202/product_bulletin_c25-611282.html

I would asume if both licenses (their PAK's) were included in an SAS contract the product upgrade tool should be able to provide the same licenses (new PAK's) for LMS 4.1.

Cheers,

Michel

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card