cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS3.0.1 Log files' size are not purged.

vyacheslav.k
Level 1
Level 1

There is a LMS 3.0.1.

Every day size of all log files only are increased.

I have a 12G particion for log files but it's full every 2 weeks.

In this case I have to stop LMS, delete all log files and start LMS manually every two weeks.

Also, there is following message:

CiscoWorks Folder Utilization is 8%Processes DFMCTMStartup, DataPurge are down.

I tried to start these services several times but it failed all time.

Hot to make LMS to prevent of increasing of log files over Recommended Size Limit?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

These two processes should be done in normal operation.  Do not try and start them manually.

To rotate log files periodically, you will need to configure logrot.  Search the Common Services online help for "logrot", and you will get the instructions for configuring it.  Essentially, you will need to run NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/logrot.pl -c, then walk through the menu prompts to configure the files you want to rotate.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

These two processes should be done in normal operation.  Do not try and start them manually.

To rotate log files periodically, you will need to configure logrot.  Search the Common Services online help for "logrot", and you will get the instructions for configuring it.  Essentially, you will need to run NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/logrot.pl -c, then walk through the menu prompts to configure the files you want to rotate.

Thank you, it works.

Firstly, I've set up the files:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/logrot.pl -c

then I scheduled the NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/logrot.pl in the cron to launch it every day.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: