Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS4.0 problems on W2K8 R2

janvandek
Level 1
Level 1

Dear,

As documented by Cisco, We installed LMS4.0 on a Windows 2008 R2 server after downloading and installing the necessary patch

(we found on http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/cart.html?treeMdfId=268439477&dv=Y&oper=add&imageGuId=DB56D2FEE377F4846A9F42F81C48EAC18C2C9967&addoption=DN&isLatestRel=Y&acl=2&flowid=19062
) I.e. This patch is needed to support LMS4 on W2K8 R2.

However, after the LMS installation is completed, we still hit some strange things.

After a device discovery, LMS found 34 devices and put them in DCR (So far so good) but if we verify the managed devices (by example, to select the devices in the device manager) no devices are available (0 devices) => So we can not manage these devices because we can not select them because there are not there!!!!

Sometimes we also hit browser errors (We use IE8) : jsp error, ...

Can someone help us solving these problems, Is this a known bug ? Is there a bugfix available ?

Thanks for any usefull info.

By the way:

(We verified that the patch was installed as described by Cisco:

Select Admin > System Administration > Software Center > Software Update from the LMS menu.

The Software Updates window appears.

Check whether the Version With Patch Level entry in the Products Installed table is as same as in LMS 4.0.x.)

=> which seems correct

Also all necessary LMS processes are running.

Jan

1 Reply 1

barney.pause
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I had the same problem on Win2k8 R2. After running the device discovery LMS 4 found 57 devices but they were invisible in the DCR.

As a test, I tryed to manually add a device but it would not appear. I tryed adding it manually again but this time I got an error message saying that a device with the same name already existed.

Restarting the server fixed the problem

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: