cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Log files exceeded file size limit.

m.saufi
Level 1
Level 1

My Ciscoworks log files have exceeded the file size limit.

Question 1)How do I increase size limit? Question 2)How do I open an old 2 gigabyte log file that's not residing in the default log folder?.

Many thanks for any responses.

Msaufi

Malaysia

3 Replies 3

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

I'm assuming you are not running LMS 2.5

If that is the case, stop the daemon manager and edit the file called logstat.conf in the CSCOpx/conf directory.

You may change the value in there for file size limit. This is simply cosmetic.

If the file is greater than 2 gig in size, then you have to make sure that you have more than 2 gig of memory available in order to edit it.

Hi Nhabib,

Thanks.

I bought LMS version but how I know it is LMS?

So in LMS, how do I manage the files that reaches the limit?

Thanks again.

Msaufi

the values in logstat.conf define a theoretical limit, based on which the file size in percent is calculated (Value you can see in the GUI for logfile status). there is a perl script in ..\CSCOpx\cgi-bin\admin\ named logBackup.pl that backouts all logfiles that reached 90% or more of their theoretical limit.

Stop all daemons (net stop crmdmtgtd (windows) or /etc/init.d/dmgtd stop (solaris)) and start the script using something like C:\Program Files\CSCOpx\bin\perl" "C:\Program Files\CSCOpx\cgi-bin\admin\logBackup.pl"

Restart the daemons (net start ... or ...dmgtd start)

Version of LMS can be determined by looking at "Applications and Versions". RME 3.5 is LMS 2.2, RME 3.4 is LMS 2.1

Martin

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card