cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mail ERROR after ISE and SMTP setup

CCC3
Level 1
Level 1

I set smtp on window server 2012 r2 to receive ISE's warning alarm by mail and succeeded from ise to that server and test connection

And
I set up my email in Configuration Changed, but it didn't come, and I checked it through tcp dump

I think I sent it
I checked the phrase "unable to relay for <e-mail>".

Does anyone know where I set it up wrong?

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I set up my email in Configuration Changed, but it didn't come, and I checked it through tcp dump

this part was not clear - can you provide example ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

antisocial11224
Level 1
Level 1

@CCC3 wrote:

I set smtp on window server 2012 r2 to receive ISE's warning alarm by mail and succeeded from ise to that server and test connection

And

I think I sent it
I checked the phrase "unable to relay for <e-mail>".

Does anyone know where I set it up wrong?

It typically indicates a relay issue. This error suggests that the SMTP server is not configured to relay emails to the specified email address. To resolve this, you need to configure your SMTP server to allow relaying for the necessary addresses. First, ensure that the SMTP server is set up to permit relaying from the ISE server's IP address. You can do this by accessing the SMTP server properties, navigating to the "Access" tab, and then clicking on the "Relay" button. Add the IP address of the ISE server to the list of allowed relay IP addresses. Additionally, check that the "Configuration Changed" email settings in ISE are correctly configured with the right recipient email address and SMTP server details. Make sure there are no typos or misconfigurations. After making these adjustments, test the email functionality again to confirm that the issue is resolved.