Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Maintain for Cisco ASR 1000 Series Aggregation Services Routers

What are the best practices for maintaining the ""Cisco ASR 1000
Series Aggregation Services Routers." is there a recommended inspection plan/interval?

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Maintain for Cisco ASR 1000 Series Aggregation Services Routers 

Not sure what you mean by this ?

In general these routers installed, have NMS in place to monitor using SNMP, if any issue it will be triggered alert to support.

other than that check any software bugs and vulenerable and upgrade in time to minimise the downtime.

if this critical device in the network, make sure you have smartnet contract for replacement.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi 

What I mean is there a recommended maintenance plan for the Cisco ASR 1000 Series Aggregation Services Routers?

Do they need to be inspected - if so on what interval? Do they need to be cleaned? If so what is the recommendation for cleaning them.  What does one do to ensure that they routers remain in good working order?

These models are robust, we do not maintance like MS to restart.

But suggestions :

1. keep Monior using performance of the router.

2. upgrade the code where applicable.

3. year or 2 reboot, when you get maintenance window.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

- These devices do not need cleaning (FYI)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You can also for instance on a regular basis connect  to it (SSH) with https://cway.cisco.com/cli (CLI Analyzer) : on the left of this tool , you can run the System Diagnostics and on the right you have Crashinfo Analyzer available (if you experience crashes). 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card