Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitoring Power Supplies in Prime Infrastructure 2.1

aparada14
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Prime Infrastructure is capable of monitoring the power supplies from Cisco devices? Where can I see this feature on PI 2.1? is there any option to enable this, if it's capable?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are two options :

1. You poll the devices for Power supply and see the report based on it.

2. You can configure your devices for environment traps and the device will send traps to PI which can be used as an alert/Alarm in PI.

Envmon traps in Cisco devices can be configured using snmp-server enable traps envmon command.

This command enables or disables Environmental Monitor (EnvMon) status notifications for supported systems. Cisco enterprise EnvMon notifications are triggered when an environmental threshold is exceeded. If none of the optional keywords are specified, all available environmental notifications are enabled.

• When the shutdown keyword is used, a ciscoEnvMonShutdownNotification (enterprise MIB OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.13.3.1) is sent if the environmental monitor detects a testpoint reaching a critical state and is about to initiate a shutdown.
  • When the voltage keyword is used, a ciscoEnvMonVoltageNotification (enterprise MIB OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.13.3.2) is sent if the voltage measured at a given testpoint is outside the normal range for the testpoint (that is, at the warning, critical, or shutdown stage). For access servers, this notification is defined as the caemVoltageNotification (enterprise MIB OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.61.2.2).
  • When the temperature keyword is used, a ciscoEnvMonTemperatureNotification (enterprise MIB OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.13.3.3) is sent if the temperature measured at a given testpoint is outside the normal range for the testpoint (i.e. is at the warning, critical, or shutdown stage). For access servers, this notification is defined as the caemTemperatureNotification (enterprise MIB OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.61.2.1).
  • When the fan keyword is used, a ciscoEnvMonFanNotification (enterprise MIB OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.13.3.4) is sent if any one of the fans in a fan array fails.
  • When the supply keyword is used, a ciscoEnvMonRedundantSupplyNotification (enterprise MIB OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.13.2.5) is sent if a redundant power supply fails.

For a complete description of these notifications and additional MIB functions, see the CISCO-ENVMON-MIB.my and CISCO-ACCESS-ENVMON-MIB.my files, available on Cisco.com at http://www.cisco.com/public/mibs/v2/.

Status of the Environmental Monitor can be viewed using the show environment command.
The snmp-server enable traps envmon command is used in conjunction with the snmp-server host command. Use the snmp-server host command to specify which host or hosts receive SNMP notifications. To send SNMP notifications, you must configure at least one snmp-server host command.

HTH

-Thanks

Vinod

**Encourage Contributors. RATE Them.**

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Excellent, I'll configure routers and switches in order to get this traps.