cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Moving from "Advanced Enterprise" code to "Universal" code?

anowell
Level 1
Level 1

How does this work? 

Do I need Cisco to supply licensing to accommodate the features my router was using in "Advanced Enterprise"?

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I'm posting this to help anybody else out that might face the same question.  I opened a case with Cisco and this was their response.

From the show version we can see the following:

License Type: EvalRightToUse

License Level: adventerprise

Next reload license Level: adventerprise

In older codes the licensing  system had not been defined yet. That is the case for the Advanced Enterprise code. This transition to Universal codes which do use licenses is done by generating built-in licenses for free and ready to be used since the very first moment of the upgrade. As an evidence we can see the current license level of the router, it has the same name of the previous code and also features all its benefits. We can see more details about this adventerprise license in the command show license detail:

Index: 5        Feature: adventerprise                     Version: 1.0

License State: Active, In Use

Evaluation total period: 8  weeks 4  days

Evaluation period left: 7  weeks 4  days

Period used: 6  days 21 hours

Transition date: Dec 13 2020 06:17:00

License Count: Non-Counted

License Priority: Low

Store Index: 0

Store Name: Built-In License Storage

We can see it is active and in use. Also, there is no need to worry about the evaluation period since it will not affect this license when the time expires. You can also remove that evaluation period as follows:

• License right-to-use move adventerprise
  • Write

Once done that, you can enter the command show license detail adventerprise and the evaluation period will be gone. If by any chance the changes are not reflected, please reload the device. The license will be ready to  be used with no expiration time.

HTH!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not sure what is the model of the device here.

in general universal code for everything, you license should work as expected in general, do you have any specific issue please share here, so we can look and advise.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I have an ASR1004.

I have all the features that are currently available within "Advanced Enterprise" as I'm running "asr1000rp2-adventerprisek9.03.07.03.S.152-4.S3.bin".  When I move to "Universal", I thought I would have to apply some licensing to get the same features that were within my old "Advanced Services" code.  If my assumption is correct, do I just request the license from Cisco or is there another method?

Thanks again!

Any ideas?

I'm posting this to help anybody else out that might face the same question.  I opened a case with Cisco and this was their response.

From the show version we can see the following:

License Level: adventerprise

Next reload license Level: adventerprise

In older codes the licensing  system had not been defined yet. That is the case for the Advanced Enterprise code. This transition to Universal codes which do use licenses is done by generating built-in licenses for free and ready to be used since the very first moment of the upgrade. As an evidence we can see the current license level of the router, it has the same name of the previous code and also features all its benefits. We can see more details about this adventerprise license in the command show license detail:

Index: 5        Feature: adventerprise                     Version: 1.0

License State: Active, In Use

Evaluation total period: 8  weeks 4  days

Evaluation period left: 7  weeks 4  days

Period used: 6  days 21 hours

Transition date: Dec 13 2020 06:17:00

License Count: Non-Counted

License Priority: Low

Store Index: 0

Store Name: Built-In License Storage

We can see it is active and in use. Also, there is no need to worry about the evaluation period since it will not affect this license when the time expires. You can also remove that evaluation period as follows:

• License right-to-use move adventerprise
  • Write

Once done that, you can enter the command show license detail adventerprise and the evaluation period will be gone. If by any chance the changes are not reflected, please reload the device. The license will be ready to  be used with no expiration time.

HTH!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: