cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Netflow MIB question

cmarva
Level 4
Level 4

Not sure if I am missing something or what.....

From the netflow MIB, I am trying to poll the object 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.387.1.4.3 to get statistics.

this works fine with the 19/29/3900 series. It returns a zero on all of our ISR4ks. If I issue "sho flow exp stat" on any ISR4k, I do see the counts incrementing. I also did a complete walk of this MIB on a 4321 and pretty much everything is zeroes. It looks like this MIB is not supported in IOS_XE.

I will continue digging but to this point I have not found another MIB that will gather this info. If anyone has any pointers, I appreciate it. - chris

2 Replies 2

Jaderson Pessoa
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Look at the software "MIB BROWSER" download it, certainly it will help you to get any information about MIB.

HERE: https://www.solarwinds.com/pt/engineers-toolset/use-cases/snmp-mib-browser
Regards,
Jaderson Pessoa
*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***

it's either a bug or just not written into XE. The object I am polling is 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.387.1.4.3, which is from the cisco-netflow-mib, cnfExportStatistics, object 3, which is records exported.

if i do a "sho snmp mib | incl cnf" on one of our 4ks, I get:

USWESCSLSARLTXR01#sh snmp mib | incl cnf

>snip

cnfExportStatistics.1
cnfExportStatistics.2
cnfExportStatistics.3
cnfExportStatistics.4
cnfExportStatistics.5
cnfExportStatistics.6

so the software sayd it's supported, and I do get a return, it is just zero. Works fine on the 19/29/39s, so it might just be an IOS-XE thing since those devices use FNF. Not an overly big deal. It does seem to like a bug to me since I get a return, it just always returns zero, and it looks like the current value is just not getting populated for this OID.

chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: