Views
Helpful
Replies

Network Design related

osmankhawaja2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there.

I have a question regarding when would be the appropriate design scenario to move from fixed stackable switches to modular chassis swithes.

Is it technology depended or a specific cut off point (users) that you would move away from fixed config stackable switches?

e.g particular amount of users? Other technologies such as wireless, collaboration to also be included?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- In my view it would depend on number of users (ports needed) ; as you have more and more users the disadvantage of stacked solutions are enlarged, because they sometimes still need 'single-management tasks and attention' per stack.   Tip off point is difficult to tell and also depends on other networking- solutions already available on the Intranet. Check this link too :

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/assets/prod/switches/cisco-switch-selector-how-to/index.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card