Views
Helpful
Replies

Not able to ping a public IP from sub interface

shubhi013
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to troubleshoot this issue where users have been complaining about being able to connect to the network but not being able to access the internet i.e. the webpage doesn't open. However, the other SSID's configured on the same router seem to be working fine. 

I tried pinging various public IP's from this interface but it was a no go. The same command on different sub interface on the same router seem to be working just fine.

Made sure, there is no NAT issue neither there is any firewall issues. I have tried all sorts of troubleshooting methods but havent had any luck.

Can anyone tell me how can I troubleshoot this?

Sincerely,

Shubham

5 Replies 5

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you post the related configs?

*CONFIG REMOVED*

Is the client getting a DHCP address on this network?

Does the firewall have a return route for the 10.226.104.0/24 network, and rules to NAT this traffic?

There is no NATing taking place as the show ip nat translations does not yield any results. All the configs in the Palo Alto FW look normal.

Can you mirror the port from Palo Alto FW and check what packets are arriving and what FW is returning back. Try both Egress and Ingress ports to give clear picture.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: