cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NX-OS Netflow exporting to multiple destinations

dspringer1177
Level 1
Level 1

Does NX-OS support exporting of netflows to multiple destinations? I know in some versions of IOS you could export to the same port on two different IPs. This would be extremely useful for us to simultaneously evaluate different Netflow packages and compare like traffic for like.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

simionov.adrian
Level 1
Level 1

Source:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cisco_NX-OS/IOS_Netflow_Comparison

Things You Should Know:

* Multiple NetFlow export destinations can be configured per exporter to improve resiliency.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

simionov.adrian
Level 1
Level 1

Source:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cisco_NX-OS/IOS_Netflow_Comparison

Things You Should Know:

* Multiple NetFlow export destinations can be configured per exporter to improve resiliency.

I see where it says it, but I do not see how it can be configured. When I try to add the additional IP to the exporter it simply replaces my existing one with the new address.

Nevermind, I figured it out. I had to create a different exporter for the other destination and attach it to the monitor.

I'm trying to add another exporter to the monitor but getting:

ERROR: Flow Monitor: netflow-monitor-1 is in use. Exporters can not be added or deleted while monitor is in use.

If I disable feature netflow I lose my complete config. I there a way to stop the flow so I can add my other exporter?

I was able to add the other exporter (router 1) by deleting and re creating. Just trying to avoid re creating again...

Thanks

I try to put 3 exporters, it says "ERROR: Flow Monitor: exporters already configured."

How should I do, anyone?

Thank you very much.

Adding in a config for the next person that finds this.

flow exporter NF-exporter-1
  destination 10.10.10.100 use-vrf management
  source mgmt0
  version 9
flow exporter NF-exporter-2
  destination 10.20.20.200 use-vrf management
  source mgmt0
  version 9
flow monitor flow-monitor-dual
  record netflow-original
  exporter NF-exporter-1
  exporter NF-exporter-2
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: