cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PI 1.2, add Assurance later

s.hellman
Level 1
Level 1

I'm about to migrate from WCS to PI 1.2. There are four sizes to chose, where large and extra large includes Assurance.

The VMware guys aren't that happy about installing a 16 CPU-image in the VMware farm and want me to chose small or medium.

We are not using anything like assurance today and i doubt that we will in the future either, but it doesnt feel good to not have the possibility to use it if we wants to in the future.

Is it posible to add the assurance function later, if we choose small or medium image of PI 1.2 ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you want to change the OVA size and add Assurance licenses later, you will need to backup the current system and restore onto the new installation. This isn't mentioned in the PI 1.2 docs that I could find but is documented in the Getting Started Guide for PI 1.3.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you want to change the OVA size and add Assurance licenses later, you will need to backup the current system and restore onto the new installation. This isn't mentioned in the PI 1.2 docs that I could find but is documented in the Getting Started Guide for PI 1.3.

Thanks for your answer, Marvin.

Great, then we will start with the medium OVA and have the possibility to change to large later.