cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PI 3.3 "Clients and Users" - Interface Information in "Interface Description" Field

womue0659
Level 1
Level 1

Hallo,

I am facing the Problem that in the "Clients and Users" overview of PI 3.3 the Interface Information of several, not of all Interfaces of a Switch, is displayed in the "Interface Description" instead of the "Interface" field independend of the switchtype, there are 3560, 3650 and 3850 Series Switches in use, and the IOS Version.

Are there any Workarounds or recommendations to correct this behaviour?

Kindly regards

Wolfgang

5 Replies 5

gpairait
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi Wolfgang,

Good Day!

Interface description is expected to show interface details.
Interface column would ideally show only the Interface name.

can you tell me if that was what you were looking for?

Thanks,
Gautami.

switch(3560)#sh interface description
switch(3560)#sh interface details

Hallo CSCO11304974,

Thanks for your Reply.

These commands are well known to me, but don't help me with the presentation of this information in PI.

Regards

Wolfgang

Hello Gautami,

many thanks for your answer.

The point is that  the interface name of some interfaces is shown in the column "Interface Description". In such cases the related field in the "Interface" column is empty and the interface description that is configured on the switch is'nt displayed.

I would expect the interface Name in the "Interface" column and the interface description is displayed coresponding in the "Interface Description" column.

I've tried some config changes on the siwtches, such as "snmp-server view name interfaces included", wich helped in most but not in all cases.

Do you have any recomandations to correct this faulty behavior? 

Thanks for your afforts

Wolfgang

Update: We updatet our PI to current Version 3.4 and additional patches - but the decribed problem persits anyway.

No one an idea?