cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pi 3.8 missing Compliance Services

NicP
Level 1
Level 1

I finally found a function for the compliance tool and wanted to use it. I experimented with it earlier this year on a PI 3.4 installation. But considered it hard and stiff to use, and didn't get the expected results. 

Sinds that time I installed a new instance of Pi 3.8 and migrated everything to this instance. It solved some problems I had with the older PI version so it was worth it.

Now i had something for the compliance tool (checking the config of an interface VLAN) i thought to use the compliance tool for once. Problem is, i can't find it anymore.

According to the User Guide  I should enable it by hand, because it is disabled from default. No problem, so i followed the instructions. But I can't find the enable button.

The instruction says that the enable button should be located at Administration/Settings/System Settings General/Server, But it is not there. and i can't find it anywhere else.

Does someone have any idea where to find it?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

renjithg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi  There,

Compliance is supported on the Standard, Professional virtual appliance (OVA) and the Gen 2 appliance, Gen 3 appliance and DNAC Appliance only. It is not supported on: Express, Express Plus, OVAs that have been resized to Standard or Professional. If you are running Prime Infrastructure on an unsupported OVA or physical appliance and want to enable Compliance, you must perform a fresh install of the 3.8 Standard or Professional OVA or Gen2 appliance or Gen 3 Appliance or DNAC Appliance, then use backup/restore to migrate data from your old server to the new server. See Enabling Compliance Services in the Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.8 Administrator Guide .

You can see server deployment type based on CPU, Memory allocation done on VM.

You can check VM appliance option section in following quick start guide to validate the same.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-8/quickstart/guide/bk_Cisco_Prime_Infrastructure_3_8_0_Quick_Start_Guide.html

Regards,

Renjith

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

renjithg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi  There,

Compliance is supported on the Standard, Professional virtual appliance (OVA) and the Gen 2 appliance, Gen 3 appliance and DNAC Appliance only. It is not supported on: Express, Express Plus, OVAs that have been resized to Standard or Professional. If you are running Prime Infrastructure on an unsupported OVA or physical appliance and want to enable Compliance, you must perform a fresh install of the 3.8 Standard or Professional OVA or Gen2 appliance or Gen 3 Appliance or DNAC Appliance, then use backup/restore to migrate data from your old server to the new server. See Enabling Compliance Services in the Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.8 Administrator Guide .

You can see server deployment type based on CPU, Memory allocation done on VM.

You can check VM appliance option section in following quick start guide to validate the same.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-8/quickstart/guide/bk_Cisco_Prime_Infrastructure_3_8_0_Quick_Start_Guide.html

Regards,

Renjith

NicP
Level 1
Level 1

I installed prime with express plus configuration because it didn't use more CPU/RAM than that. kinda bad from cisco that it doesn't make it possible to re-enable the compliance tool when switched  to the standard/professional configuration without a reinstall. 

Either way, thanks for your answer

renjithg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Switching RAM/CPU on virtual VM doesn't make application running inside VM to scale auto. We have provided 4 flavours based on scalability test done and compliance being CPU and resource intensive component in Prime, you need to reinstall server with Professional or Standard OVA template to scale the application design. This is important to ensure prime run smoothly and performance  is not impacted.

100% CPU and RAM reservation is mandatory for system to function smoothly.

Regards,

Renjith

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: