Views
Helpful
Replies

PI not start - java error

Ralf Boehm
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I got a java error, see the following text, if I tried to start ncs or check status:

ncs status
Exception in thread "main" java.util.NoSuchElementException
        at java.util.Scanner.throwFor(Scanner.java:862)
        at java.util.Scanner.next(Scanner.java:1371)
        at com.cisco.common.ha.config.HighAvailabilityConfig.parseXmlFile(HighAvailabilityConfig.java:232)
        at com.cisco.common.ha.config.HighAvailabilityConfig.parseXmlFile(HighAvailabilityConfig.java:214)
        at com.cisco.common.ha.config.HighAvailabilityConfig.<init>(HighAvailabilityConfig.java:194)
        at com.cisco.common.ha.config.HighAvailabilityConfig.getInstance(HighAvailabilityConfig.java:203)
        at com.cisco.packaging.HMAdmin.initHealthMonitorApi(HMAdmin.java:409)
        at com.cisco.packaging.HMAdmin.hmServerStatus(HMAdmin.java:302)
        at com.cisco.packaging.HMAdmin.status(HMAdmin.java:172)
        at com.cisco.packaging.WCSAdmin.status(WCSAdmin.java:1053)
        at com.cisco.packaging.WCSAdmin.status(WCSAdmin.java:1026)
        at com.cisco.packaging.WCSAdmin.runMain(WCSAdmin.java:314)
        at com.cisco.packaging.WCSAdmin.main(WCSAdmin.java:1493)

The problem was, the file

/opt/CSCOlumos/conf/rfm/classes/com/cisco/common/ha/config/haSettings.xml

was empty. For my luck, I found a copy in the same directory:

haSettings_bkup.xml

Copy this file to haSettings.xml, and all works fine. I do not know, why these file was empty.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello, sure, I have do this befor. Have enough space. The solution is: The problem was, the file /opt/CSCOlumos/conf/rfm/classes/com/cisco/common/ha/config/haSettings.xml was empty. For my luck, I found a copy in the same directory: haSettings_bkup.xml Copy this file to haSettings.xml, and all works fine.

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...

>I do not know, why these file was empty.

- Check for possible disk space issues ; connect via SSH  and issue

admin # show disks

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hello, sure, I have do this befor. Have enough space. The solution is: The problem was, the file /opt/CSCOlumos/conf/rfm/classes/com/cisco/common/ha/config/haSettings.xml was empty. For my luck, I found a copy in the same directory: haSettings_bkup.xml Copy this file to haSettings.xml, and all works fine.

Hi!

@Ralf Boehm 

Could You paste that config file here so other can see?

I might have the same issue, but I do not have backup of this file.

Hello, that would be not help you. Because the file contains a authenticationKey and a sharedKey. And these are not the same for your installation. MfG Boehm

My setup is standalone @Ralf Boehm

Please share, You can remove any important details, I have no choice.

Seems disk space issue overwritten it... and there is a bug to address this :

https://quickview.cloudapps.cisco.com/quickview/bug/CSCuy39464

Hello, ok, here is the content of the file /opt/CSCOlumos/conf/rfm/classes/com/cisco/common/ha/config/haSettings.xml: All information, like keys etc., are replaced with "X". We have only a standalone installation, but this file is necessary. MfG Boehm

Sorry, Ihave forgot the file. :-/ When use, remove "txt" at the end of the filename.

Thank You @Ralf Boehm !

My prime infrastructure is back up! No issues with licenses either, will let You know if anything is incorrect, so far so good, so this will be helpful for others later ;)

Hello, Please let me know. where can I find the directory /opt/...
and where i can place this file?

How I can copy and paste this file in /opt/CSCOlumos/conf/rfm/classes/com/cisco/common/ha/config/

Hello, have you a file? If yes, you have to login via ssh. Then call the cmd "shell". Then change to the directory "/opt/CSCOlumos/conf/rfm/classes/com/cisco/common/ha/config". Use vi to create the file. MfG Ralf Boehm

after create the file whatis next? I already have this file exist haSettings.xml with 0 size.  Need help to make prime work.

masiyus
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, Please let me know. where can I find the directory /opt/...

Hello, you have to login via ssh. Then call the cmd "shell". Then change to the directory "/opt/CSCOlumos/conf/rfm/classes/com/cisco/common/ha/config". There must be the file "haSettings.xml". MfG Boehm