Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime: execute "ncs stop" from shell

Stefan Engel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are running Prime on VM/ESXi.  I'm trying to use the VMware tools shutdown scripts to ensure Prime services are stopped (ncs stop) before power-off the VM. 

This is done by the following script

#!/bin/bash

ncs stop
sleep 5m
date >> /tmp/poweroff-vm.txt

The script get executed in bash/shell mode every time the VM is shut down from VCenter. Problem is that "ncs stop" isnt an option in bash. 

Question: Is is possible to execute commands like ncs stop while in bash? 

Thanks,

Stefan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>... Is is possible to execute commands like ncs stop while in bash? 

No because that command is part of the ADE-OS shell that prime runs when logged on , Prime VM is considered an appliance, installing VMware tools is not supported (but there is no basic harm when doing that).

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>... Is is possible to execute commands like ncs stop while in bash? 

No because that command is part of the ADE-OS shell that prime runs when logged on , Prime VM is considered an appliance, installing VMware tools is not supported (but there is no basic harm when doing that).

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card