Views
Helpful
Replies

prime infra 3.9

Ahmed-abbas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There , 

After added Hp switch to prime 3.9 , i faced SSH issue for access and tried to manual-SSH acording prime cli to SSh hp Switch and it woking fine.

the issue with GUI when try to make ssh to sw

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...the issue with GUI when try to make ssh to sw
       -  Can you elaborate and or explain in detail what the issue is, note that in general Cisco Prime does not support none Cisco equipment, except for monitoring through dedicated snmp MIB(s) but that requires extra actions (in Prime) , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

thanks , for your fast response . 

i have cisco prime infrastructure 3.9 Virtual , and i have been added cisco Devices and it working normally with it . 

and when added none cisco device "Hp - Switch " i get this message

"Check whether the Telnet/SSH, Telnet/SSH Enable credentials are Valid."
then i tried to troubleshoot for this issue ,  i opened prime according cli then try to make connect ssh to Hp-switch from CLI according Prime and it working normally according below snap .
HERE IS issue . 
Why it working normally with CLI  and not working with GuI"WEB"
SNAPS:- 
Ahmedabbas_0-1677330782728.png

Ahmedabbas_1-1677330917189.png

>...Why it working normally with CLI  and not working with GuI"WEB"
 - In  general when adding a device in Prime, it only needs the SSH login credentials and the configured  snmp community name, on the HP switch. Prime does not use the GUI of a device. You can also press 'Verify Credentials'  (first) before adding a device to Cisco Prime ,

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Yeah iknowed it , 

sorry when i said GUI , it mean web interface of prime infrastructure .

- It's not yet completely clear for me what the GUI  problem of  Prime is ?

M.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what model of HP Switch and check the compatibility :

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-9/supported/devices/PI39-Supported-Device-List.xlsx

Not that I have added  HP switch, we used other model as long as the Account have priv access that should work as expected ?

what is the error you see on the HP switch when Prime tries to connect?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card