Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure 1.2.1 TFTP issue

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello all

We have a Prime Infrastructure 1.2.1.012 running. It seems that since the 1.2.1 Upgrade is the TFTP function more or less broken. I only get timeouts when trying to transfer a file from a repository. The repository server are setup with different TFTP server (openTFTPserver and tftpd32). I can't copy a file from/to my PI server. For testing I've even setup a TFTP in the same subnet.

The TFTP server reports a Timeout waiting for ACK block #1 from the PI.

Any ideas or is this an already open bug?

Thanks

Patrick

5 Replies 5

Andrew Schulz
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having the same issue. I just went from WCS to NCS 1.0 patch and upgrade to 1.2 and now I can not TFTP the upgrade for 1.3.

Is there an alternative copy method, to get me to 1.3?

Is there an alternative copy method, to get me to 1.3?

ftp of course--

I often times have lots of different issues w/ the many different tftp programs copying files to and/fro NCS & PI

I should have been more explict. I've tried ftp as well, but I was getting prompted with a username/password. I was using SolarWinds TFTP server and relized I needed to have a FTP server that I could setup an account on like FileZilla. This document helped resolve this for me.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-26972

Still, it would be nice to only have to use one method, TFTP or FTP and have it work consistantly.

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I actually posted the TFTP solution in a second thread that I made (stupid me, forgot about this one): https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2203048

Here the quick way to enable TFTP:

So I logged in as root, edited the config file

vi /etc/sysconfig/iptables-config

And changed

IPTABLES_MODULES=""

to

IPTABLES_MODULES="ip_conntrack_tftp"      

After saving it with :wq I restarted iptables and also restarted ncs (this is needed as some iptables rules are loaded when ncs starts and are lost when iptables is restarted!).

While logged in as root, you can also run "modprobe ip_conntrack_tftp" and "modprobe ip_conntrack_ftp" which doesn't require a restart of ncs or iptables.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card