cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure 2.0 - Alert on Switch Config Change

Brent Catoe
Level 1
Level 1

We are in the process of testing out Prime Infrastructure 2.0, is there a way to get an alert when a device's configuration has changed, and send out what has changed in email? I have scheduled Config Archiving for all of my devices, and i can see the config differences when a changes is made in the Prime GUI, but we currently use Kiwi CatTools to send out emails that show what devices had configuration changes and what those changes were, it would be nice if Prime would do that so we could do away with that service. I have looked through all of the reports but do not see anything.

3 Replies 3

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I know this feature is there is LMS ,where you can configure the AUTOMATED Action based on Syslogs to get an Alert for config change or any other changes ,however I do not see this option available in PI  2.0.

Syslogs are not compltely supported in 2.0 but in PI 2.1 we should have the complete support for syslogs.

Thanks-

Afroz

[Do rate the useful post]

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Any idea when 2.1 will be available?  We are having similar issues with the lack of SYSLOG support.

I have PI 2.1, how can I configure configuration change email alert?