cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure 3.1 - Unable to delete unmanaged device from topology

joveroc
Level 1
Level 1

I was playing around in Prime trying to add a device to the topology from the toolbar > Create > Create Device.  It ended up adding 4 of them somehow off to the side.  When I try to delete them by clicking them all I get is a small white box with nothing in it.  Screenshot attached.  I suspect a browser issue, but it is occurring in all 3 of the supported browsers I have tested, also in Edge.

I am using build 3.1.0.0.132.  Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hemmerling
Level 1
Level 1

Had the same thing happen to me, it took awhile but I found a workaround to getting rid out it.

Open up "Maps / Topology Maps / Datacenter Topology"  (not Network Topology)

The one you find in there should allow you to "Left-click" ,it should give you an option to delete it from the pop-up sub-menu.

Now as to why they forgot to add the sub-menu options to the Network view is beyond me.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please try to restart the prime services and check the issue again.

Thanks-

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi Afroz,

Restarting the services did not resolve the issue.  Looks like I will be opening a TAC case soon.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I've had the same thing on one of my customer's Prime Infrastructure servers - Version 3.1.3 with the latest Device Pack 4.

It's been persistent across multiple restarts. It appears on whatever browser I use (even from cache-cleared sessions and incognito browsing) and from whatever PC I access the server.

It looks like a bug but I haven't had time to open a TAC case on it.

hemmerling
Level 1
Level 1

Had the same thing happen to me, it took awhile but I found a workaround to getting rid out it.

Open up "Maps / Topology Maps / Datacenter Topology"  (not Network Topology)

The one you find in there should allow you to "Left-click" ,it should give you an option to delete it from the pop-up sub-menu.

Now as to why they forgot to add the sub-menu options to the Network view is beyond me.

Good info and good that you have shared on the forum, it will help many people.

Thanks-

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Great tip - worked for me too. Thanks!

joveroc
Level 1
Level 1

Excellent, worked for me as well.  I notice the datacenter map is much more responsive.  It's almost like it uses a different interface all together.