cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure 3.10 FTP and SCP Fail

R Tillman
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to transfer the 3.10.2 file to the server so I can upgrade from 3.10 to 3.10.2. I am trying use WinSCP on a windows computer to send the file from.

When I use FTP, I get "Could not retrieve directory listing Permission Denied"

- I set the ftp user username/password and used that.

When I use SCP, I get "Error skipping startup message. Your shell is probably incompatible with the application (BASH is recommended)."

- I use the same username/password that I use to SSH to the server and it works.

Any help would be appreciated to get the upgrade file onto the server.

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Why don't you flip the roles and start copy from  Prime instead of to Prime ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hi

The user for SCP on Prime is not the same as root. Run the command "/opt/CSCOlumos/bin/getSCPCredentials.sh"

The output will be the username and password. Then, use it on the windows client.

Make sure you are transfering to SCP directory otherwise you may have privilege problems

This is what I get

ade # /opt/CSCOlumos/bin/getSCPCredentials.sh
find: failed to restore initial working directory: Permission denied
find: failed to restore initial working directory: Permission denied
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /opt/CSCOlumos/conf/shadow.dat (Permission denied )
at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open0(Native Method)
at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open(RandomAccessFile.java:316)
at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(RandomAccessFile.java:243)
at com.cisco.xmp.xmp_dbCredential_mgmt.DBCredentialMgr.getDBPW(DBCredent ialMgr.java:464)
at com.cisco.xmp.xmp_dbCredential_mgmt.DBCredentialMain.main(DBCredentia lMain.java:115)
user is scpuser

Right. You are not root then. You need to be root.

Thank you, this is what it works.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card