cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime infrastructure alerts and monitoring ?s

KacyHicks21882
Level 1
Level 1

our 3.9 is up and running but we noticed when there is an alert Prime sends the email and mutes alerts for 30 mins. the rechecks and if up sends the reset alert. Is it possible to have Prime mute the alerts so we arent spammed with emails and still monitor the devices to alert as soon as the device is reachable again?

3 Replies 3

Under System Event Configuration, there´s an option:

"Create and Clear Alarm Iteration".  You can change this value to extend the polling period and consequently extend the time between emails.

The interval is 2 minutes by default  You can play with that.

Flavio, would this allow the up/reset emails to still come through if the timer was change dto say 15 minutes and the device reconnected 7 minutes before the alert timer expired? Also if another device became unreachable during this time would we get that alert or would it be included at the next email interval?

This specifics had to be tested. I didn´t dig too deeper into it. But I bilieve the logical choice would be they keep the schedule time and should be acumulative. I mean, is an event happen, it will hold until next cicle to send the email.  But as I said, had to test. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card