Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime LMS 4.2.5 and Energwise

Hi,

I deployed prime LMS 4.2.5 on soft appliance in our lab and trying to learn few things. I would like to know how to enable Energywise on LMS 4.2.5. The “Readiness assessment” under Energywise is showing the below:

0 EW Capable Devices
0 EW Enabled Devices
0 EW Software Incapable Devices
0 EW Hardware Incapable Devices

As a test I added 3750 (12.2(50)SE ) and 3850 (03.06.03.E) to Prime LMS 4.2.5. The normal monitoring works and reachability test (under troubleshooting workflow) was successful for both the devices.

Below is the show energywise from switch:

test#show energywise

Interface   Role              Name                  Usage      Lvl   Imp  Type

---------   ----              ----                  -----      ---   ---  ----

switch            LabSwitch             169.0 (W)  10    80   parent

test#show energywise domain

Name      : LabSwitch                                         

Domain    : cisco                                            

Protocol  : udp

IP        : xx.xx.xx.xx

Port      : 43440

The 3750 version (12.2(50)SE) is software incapable devices, so when doing the “Readiness assessment” that should appear as Incapable software and 3850 should appear as capable device. I am not able to find any documentation regarding Energywise on LMS 4.2.5. Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Ernesto Q
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

This link might be helpful for you:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4-2/user/guide/workcenters/wcug/ew.html#wp1163049

Regards,

Ernesto Q

Thanks Ernesto.

But my issue getting started assistant is not displaying EnergyWise-based device details after assessing the network. I upgraded from 4.2 to 4.2.5 for 3850 support. On 4.2 version it was displaying "3750 Version" as incapable version and requires upgrading. I am not sure why it's not working in 4.2.5.

After restarting the application, 3750 is showing as "Energywise software Incapable device". But still 3850 is not showing up.

0 EW Capable Devices
0 EW Enabled Devices
1 EW Software Incapable Devices
0 EW Hardware Incapable Devices

3850 is running the compatible version (03.06.03.E) and have the energywise configuration.